STATEMENT REGARDING RUSSIAN & BELARUSIAN ATHLETE ELIGIBILITY.
Please note : All events on the schedule do remain subject to change. Events will be added as they are confirmed to host a PRO field.
Please note all lists are subject to change until the event at the discretion of event directors and unforeseen circumstances due to COVID or other force majeur events:
2023 IRONMAN European Championship Hamburg
Acceptance into the program will be mandatory for all professional athletes competing in IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 events.
* IRONMAN®/IRONMAN 70.3® branded races identified by IRONMAN as pro triathlete qualifying races for the IRONMAN® and IRONMAN 70.3® World Championship events.
2. To register for events, athletes may send a request to the specific event contact (see listing below). Inclusion of a valid current IRONMAN Pro Membership number in the request will expedite this process. An event entry link will then be forwarded.
3. Athletes must still go through the registration procedure expected by each selected event organizers The event entry registration needs to be COMPLETED prior to the posted deadlines. Late entries will not be accommodated.
4. Please note that WTC reserves the right to CLOSE an event prior to the published registration deadline in the occasional event that the allocated Professional slots are filled ahead of the deadline. Events with set capacity numbers are marked **.
5. No Pro qualifying event registrations will be accepted without a valid IRONMAN Pro Membership Number.
6. Athletes wanting to enter events not listed as Pro qualifying events (age-group only), need to send their request to [email protected]. For full details see AG Only Event Policy.
Please Note - event schedules will be updated as final dates and slots are confirmed.
Event entry contact: [email protected]
Any athlete who:
1. Holds elite/professional status from their World Triathlon Member National Federation for middle or long distance triathlon,
2. Has a IRONMAN Professional Membership (as verified by elite/pro status of an athlete’s has National Triathlon Federation).
3. Has entered and participated in the Elite/Pro Division of a middle or long distance triathlon event with a prize purse of $5000USD or greater, is prohibited from racing as an age-group athlete in ANY IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3-branded triathlon event operated by IRONMAN or its licensees, anywhere in the world where there is an elite/pro division, within the same calendar year.
Disqualification and potential sanction from WTC events, and forfeiture of any age group world championship qualifying slots may result for any athlete that has not adhered to this policy.
Professional athletes wanting to compete in an age-group only event, click here.
IRONMAN Pro Membership
1. What information is required to obtain an IRONMAN Pro Membership?
A copy of your current professional license from your National Triathlon Federation, or a document signed by an officer of the NF confirming your status and membership is current for the year.
2. Can IRONMAN directly approve my status to race PRO if I am fast enough?
IRONMAN is an event production organization not a governing body in the sport. Our events are sanctioned through the National Federations of the hosting country. Triathlon licenses and status can only be issued through a recognized WORLD TRIATHLON member National Federation.
3. If I race as an elite/ professional at other triathlon events in my home country, am I able to race as an AG athlete at IRONMAN branded events around the world?
IRONMAN events are operated like all other triathlons. Your racing status is reflected always by the status you currently hold with your National Federation, no matter where you plan to compete.
4. Will the money paid for single event memberships go toward an annual membership?
Yes, single event memberships can be applied to an annual membership and you will never pay more than the $1,250 annual fee.
5. Once I have an annual IRONMAN Pro membership can I enter any number of events?
Yes, you can enter any IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 qualifying events in the current calendar year. Event listing is posted on the Event Registration tab below. There is no additional entry fee associated with the event entry process.
1. What is the deadline for obtaining an IRONMAN Pro membership?
Athletes wishing to register for a single event or annual IRONMAN Pro membership must apply and complete registration 30 days prior to their stated event.
2. What is the deadline for entering an event?
Entry deadlines are posted and are typically 3 weeks prior. There are occasions where events may close earlier than the 3- week deadline if the event reaches capacity. This is rare, and events with limited capacity are noted on the Event Registration tab below.
3. Can I enter a race after the entry deadline?
Entry requests that come in after the published entry deadlines will not be accommodated.
4 . Can I enter multiple events on the same day/weekend?
Entry to multiple events will not be accommodated.
5. Can I enter an IRONMAN or IRONMAN 70.3 event if there is no PRO wave?
Athletes wanting to enter events not listed as Pro qualifying events (age-group only), need to send their request to [email protected]. (For full details see the Age Group Only Event Policy document on the right.)
6. What is the process to withdraw from an event I have entered?
Please email [email protected] if your plans change and you are no longer planning on racing. This will help to provide the most up to date start lists.
7. How do I update my personal details for my IRONMAN Pro Membership?
Please email us with any updates on the personal details for your IRONMAN Pro membership.
Pro World Championship Qualification
1. How may pro qualifying slots are allocated to each IRONMAN and IRONMAN 70.3 event?
You can find the number of slots on the EVENT REGISTRATION tab of the IRONMAN Pro Membership page.
2. How will I know if others in the event field have already qualified?
The athletes who have already accepted slots for IRONMAN World Championship PQ and 70.3PQ are posted on the PRO Qualifiers Page
3. Do I need to be present to earn my WC slot?
Yes, you must be present at the scheduled ceremony/ slot presentation identified for each event respectively to claim your qualifying slot, in person, or follow the instructions in the final event PRO newsletter.
4. What is the process to enter the world championship event once I have qualified?
You will receive a personalized entry invitation link from ACTIVE to complete your entry registration. You will receive this within 14-days of the qualifying event. You are NOT officially entered until this online process is completed. You will receive an email confirmation once it is successful.
5. Is there an additional entry fee to the world championship events?
You are required to hold a 2023 IRONMAN Pro Membership, specific to the IRONMAN World Championship and/or IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship. If you hold an Annual membership, this fulfills the requirement. Otherwise, a Single membership will be required and must be obtained within 30 days of the race.
1. If I win prize money at an event, how do I receive this?
You will be contacted within a week of the event to obtain the necessary details for the payment of the prize money. This will include uploading your payment details on our secure online system, along with a copy of your passport and a completed/signed copy of the necessary tax form (either or)
2. Which tax form do I need to upload along with my payment details?
Athletes living in the United States and holding a SOCIAL SECURITY Number a W9 Form is required. All other athletes a W8BEN form is required.
3. How long will it take to process the prize money payment?
When an event has anti-doping controls, the prize money payments will be paid out once the results are received – typically 4-6 weeks.
For events without anti-doping controls, once the necessary details are obtained from ALL athletes, the payments will be submitted for processing.
4. Will there be taxes withheld on my earnings?
The tax withholding laws of the country in which an event takes place will be followed, so there may be withholdings applied accordingly.
5. How do I go about getting tax documents needed to file my personal tax returns?
Official tax documents for income earned at events in the United States and Canada will be provided by March 1st of the following year. If you do not receive the tax document by this date, or you need documents from other regional events please contact us at [email protected]
1. Am I subject to doping control?
If you are reading these FAQs, the likely answer to this is YES: any IRONMAN athlete, Pro or Age Group, is subject to both In-Competition and Out of Competition testing. You do not have to be enrolled in a Registered Testing Pool to be subject to testing.
2. Does IRONMAN have a Registered Testing Pool
Yes, the IRONMAN Registered Testing Pool (RTP) is determined at the discretion of IRONMAN and in accordance with WADA's International Standard for Testing. In addition, consideration is given to an athlete’s existing enrollment in the RTP of their National Anti-Doping Organization so that the IRONMAN's efforts are coordinated with and complement, not duplicate, worldwide anti-doping efforts. IRONMAN’s RTP is updated quarterly and published @ ironman.com
3. Is it safe to take supplements?
All athletes need to be informed consumers when it comes to decisions related to supplements and sports nutrition products.
Choosing supplements that have been screened for prohibited substances by an independent laboratory can significantly lower the risk of a positive test or an adverse health effect.
Use the supplement education resources on the Anti Doping page to understand the rules and find resources to find certified products.
4. How can I determine if a medication is prohibited?
Visit WADA’s website and review the Prohibited List. It is important to check the Prohibited List on an annual basis; even if a particular medication isn’t banned this year, it does not necessarily mean that it won’t become prohibited in a subsequent year.
5. What can I do if I need to take a legally prescribed substance?
Seek a Therapeutic Use Exemption (“TUE”) from your National Anti-Doping Organization (“NADO”) or Regional Anti-Doping Organization (“RADO”), as applicable, in accordance with the policies of those organizations. Additional TUE information is available here.
6. What other rules should I be familiar with?
Check out the resources in our Anti-Doping section.
3407 W. Dr Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd
Tampa, FL 33607
Main email: [email protected]
Event entry contact: [email protected]